My blog has moved!

Please visit
http://wetshine.net
for new content and update your bookmarks.

Welcome to Wet Shine Detailing!

To navigate this blog, you can use the Post Digger or Label Cloud located at the bottom of the page. Use Google Custom Search to search for a specific content such as 'Honda Civic' or 'Collinite 476s'.

Search This Blog

Friday, December 14, 2007

Bodyshop nightmare

This car belongs to a friend of mine, and came to seek my assistance for some scratches on his Bonnet. He says it has been resprayed 3 times due to bubbling and runs. HE said the bodyshop polished it, but the scratches also cannot come out.

So I asked him to bring it to me to see what can be done.

Here it is after wiping the bonnet down with Meguiar's Last Touch spray detailer.

Image hosted by servimg.com

Image hosted by servimg.com

Image hosted by servimg.com

Image hosted by servimg.com

Initially I thought this would be a piece of cake, just give it a couple of passes of Meguiar's #83 Dual-Action Cleaner/Polish and I'll be done in no time.

But nooo.... the paint was hard and the defects didn't come off easy at all, I limit myself to 4 passes of Meguiar's #85 Diamond Cut Compound 2.0 with a wool pad. Mostly did 3 passes, and yet quite alot of defects remained there and didn't really satisfy me as it wasn't perfect.

The scratches also seem to follow a certain direction, my friend suspects it is sanding marks and I think so too as it had bubbles before this and he sent the car back to the bodyshop to rectify the problem. Unfortunately, they didn't manage to remove their sanding marks?

(just an assumption)

So after the compounding step, I finished off with Menzerna 106FF and a W-9006 finishing pad. Sealed with Meguiar #21 Synthetic Sealant followed by FK1 Pink Wax.

Here is the owner buffing off the wax.
Image hosted by servimg.com

And the afters, about 70% of the scratches were removed.

Image hosted by servimg.com

Image hosted by servimg.com

Image hosted by servimg.com


And an unknown defect.

Image hosted by servimg.com

p.s The cost for respraying the bonnet was RM150

0 comments:

Label Cloud

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP